SIZE: One size for each piece
Scarf – Finished Unblocked Measurements: 8” x 65”
Finished Blocked Measurements: 8" x 76"
Cowl – Finished Unblocked Measurements: 34” (circumference) x 14”
Finished Blocked Measurements: 38” (circumference) x 15”
Expression Fiber Arts Alpaca Silk DK yarn
To knit the set, you'll need three skeins of C1 and two skeins of C2. Our sample is shown in colors Royal Gray (C1) and Blizzard (C2). However, if you want to make just the scarf and are concerned about running out of C1 because the scarf uses two full skeins, you can knit fewer repeats of the Raised Stockinette Ridge Section to ensure you have enough yarn to complete the piece.
460 yds of C1 and 40 yds of C2 were used in the scarf sample, approx. total 457 yds.
155 yds of C1 and 355 yds of C2 were used in the cowl sample, approx. total 510 yds.
615 yds of C1 and 395 yds of C2 were used for both samples, approx. total 1,010 yds.
If those colors aren’t available, any from this category will work.
US size 7 (4.5 mm) 32” circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge. You may wish to use a 16” circular needle when knitting the scarf, as the shorter cable is easier to manage.
Adventurous Beginner – This pattern is for those who feel comfortable with knitting and have made a few projects, using various skills and techniques. Skills/concepts include simultaneously working with two yarns, carrying yarn up the side, slipping stitches, seaming together two edges, and knitting in the round.
Notes From the Designer:
The Bondurant pattern includes instructions to knit two multicolor designs: a scarf and a cowl, both of which feature two complementary colors of Alpaca Silk DK yarn. The Bondurant scarf is knitted flat in two pieces, which are then seamed together at the back of the neck using the Kitchener Stitch, while the cowl is knitted as a single piece in the round. Both the scarf and the cowl include sections of two-color Slip Stitch Tweed and Raised Stockinette Ridges. These stitch patterns are constructed using simple stitches, such as knit, purl, and slipped stitches, which makes this pattern perfect for the adventurous beginner knitter. Knit one piece or both for yourself, or share the ensemble with a loved one! When made with the luxurious Alpaca Silk DK yarn, this scarf and cowl will keep you warm and cozy (and stylish!) during the cold, winter months.
- Click the videos tab to watch a video on how to knit the two different sections.
- The Bondurant scarf is knitted flat in two pieces, which are then seamed together at the back of the neck using the Kitchener stitch, while the cowl is knitted as a single piece in the round.
- Instructions for completing the Kitchener stitch are included in the Finishing Section of the scarf pattern.
- Both the scarf and the cowl include sections of two-color Slip Stitch Tweed and Raised Stockinette Ridges. In the Slip Stitch Tweed sections, you’ll slip all slipped stitches purlwise. Be sure to note whether the yarn is held in the front or the back when you slip these stitches.
- While both the scarf and the cowl feature Slip Stitch Tweed and Raised Stockinette Ridges, the row instructions for each stitch sequence differ slightly between the two pieces, since one piece is knitted flat and the other in the round. Be sure to make note of these differences if you knit both pieces.
- To knit both the scarf and cowl, you'll need three skeins of C1 and two skeins of C2. However, if you want to make just the scarf and are concerned about running out of C1 because the scarf uses two full skeins, you can knit fewer repeats of the 2-row Raised Stockinette Ridge Section to ensure you have enough yarn to complete the piece.
- When you’re working with two colors of yarn, you can carry the nonworking yarn up the side or back of your scarf and cowl until you’re instructed to break the yarn.
Designed by Monica Wesley
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site, and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your knitting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
"Remember, there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
Customer Reviews 5 (12 Reviews) Write a Review
Hi Chandi, I love this pattern like all the rest it is beautiful and fun to learn a new stitch. Just the look of this pattern shows how lush and fluffy it would feel like. Definitely will make this scarf. Thanks again and have a great day.
I’m looking forward to making this pretty scarf!
Dear Friends, Our family just finished an EFA Christmas filled with gifts of love. I have not made Bondurant yet, but the scarves I have made from EFA matched with their yarn have been exquisite. I look forward to making Bondurant and continuing the EFA knitting and crocheting journey!
Dear Friends, Our family just finished with an EFA Christmas! So many of the gifts I made were EFA patterns, definitely matched with their incredibly beautiful yarns. I have not made Bondurant yet, but the scarves I have made from EFA have been exquisite! I look forward to making Bondurant and continue the EFA knitting and crocheting journey!
Love the pattern. It is well written, easy to follow, and works up nicely.
Love the patterns! Everything is written to be easily understood and worked up.
I like the idea of being able to make two different accessories from this pattern.
I love the Pattern. I am very pleased with it , thank you.
I am very pleased with this beautiful Pattern. Thank you!
Pattern is great and explained very good
I've got the pattern, I've got the alpaca silk dk for it, I just need to start it! Looks gorgeous!