88” x 32.5” (223.5 cm x 82.5 cm), blocked (size is adjustable)
Expression Fiber Arts Twisted Tweed Sport yarn
Shown in Cloudscape Hues: A) Fool’s Gold, B) Margaret, C) Hoot, and D) Deep Forest Fog.
One skein of each color is needed (384 yds/351 m; 3.5 oz/approx. 100 g per skein).
1299 yards (1188 m) total used – Color A: 315 yards (288 m), Color B: 316 yards (289 m), Color C: 316 yards (289 m), and Color D: 316 yards (289 m).
If those colors aren’t available, any from this category will work.
Additional Color Combos Shown Here Include:
- Combo 1: Musing, Evergreen, Mountain Sunrise, and Deep Fox
- Combo 2: Nougat, Imbue, Light Fox, and Deep Fox
- Combo 3: Light Fox, Leaves, Musing, and Amphitrite
- Combo 4: Light Raspberry, Raspberry, Deep Raspberry, and Firekissed
- Combo 5: Still Waters, Deep Sea Blue, Velvet Snowflake, and Laguna
- Combo 6: Sea Grey, Reading, Grayscale, and Black Onyx
US size H-8 (5.0 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
Adventurous Beginner: For those crocheters who are ready to learn some new skills or stitch combinations. Stitches/skills include single crochet, double crochet, basic lace, and blocking.
Notes From the Designer:
Lacy drop stitch rows, eyelets, texture, unlimited color choices, gradient color transitions. This shawl has it all! Circumfractal is a gorgeous, drop stitch, half-pi shawl design that can be completely customized to whatever size is desired by following the established doubling of the pattern. Alternating single and double crochet stitches give the shawl an inviting, yet luxurious texture that is fun to work on without overly taxing the brain. Make it small to wrap around your neck. Make it large to wrap around your body. Make it middle size to make it just right.
- Click the Videos tab to watch a tutorial on how to work the first section.
- Every row will end with a ch1, turn, even when the first stitch of the next row is a dc.
- The turning chain does not count in the stitch count.
- As the stitch repeat sections get larger, take a removable stitch marker and clip it to each subsequent increase stitch to easily find the previous increase, and count from there. Alternatively, count first, and place removable stitch markers in the increase stitch. Then work the increase at the marker.
- This shawl is intended to be free of stress. Stitch counts are ballparks. If you have a half-circle and you’re in the neighborhood of provided counts, keep calm and carry on. If you find that the lace row is going to be on a wrong side, work one more row of whatever row you just worked to get the lace on the right side.
Designed by Cari Jehlik
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your crocheting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
"Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.” – Rumi
Another beautiful patter from Expression Fiber Arts! Clearly written and easy to follow. Thank you for your beautifully collated collection of patterns.
Beautiful pattern easy to make! Thank you. Love it. ??♥️
Beautiful shawl pattern. Cannot wait to make this.
lovely pattern instructions concise. not done this but its on my to do list
Simply gorgeous pattern. I hope to put it to use soon.