1 (2, 3, 4) (5, 6, 7) (8, 9, 10)
Finished Bust: 31.5 (35, 39.5, 44) (47.5, 51, 55.5) (59, 63.5, 68)” / 80 (89, 100, 112) (121, 130, 141) (150, 161, 173) cm
Select a finished bust size 1-6” (2.5-15 cm) larger than your actual bust size.
Expression Fiber Arts Signature Fingering yarn
The sample is shown in Dream Higher Signature Fingering.
Estimated yardage - Sleeveless: 600 (700, 850, 950) (1050, 1150, 1300) (1450, 1650, 1700) / 550 m (640, 780, 870) (960, 1055, 1190) (1325, 1510, 1555)
Be sure to order all you need for your project because once these colors are gone, they are gone!
If those colors aren’t available, any from this category will work.
US D (3.25 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
Intermediate to Advanced - This pattern is for those who feel comfortable with crocheting and have made a few projects, using various skills and techniques. Skills/concepts include good pattern reading skills, basic sc and dc with the addition of a picot and 2 dc puff stitch.
Notes From the Designer:
With the nostalgic charm of lace and a modern silhouette, Collette is a cardigan that is easily adaptable to a wide range of styles. Make it your own with a choice of close fitting or loose, short or long, with or without sleeves. Choose a soft pastel color, or something bold and bright, to create a sweater that best reflects your personality.
The sweater is worked from the bottom up, allowing for two places to make adjustments to the length. Sleeves are worked separately and stitched to the body after the fronts and back have been joined at the shoulder. The main lace pattern used throughout the sweater is easily memorized. Designing for 10 sizes requires a rather long pattern, but don’t let that sway you. The sweater is suitable for an intermediate to advanced crocheter, requiring no difficult stitches.
- Click the Videos tab to watch a tutorial on how to work the lace pattern.
- The sample with sleeves is a Size 3 (39.5”/100 cm), and the sleeveless version is a Size 2 (35”/89 cm). Both are shown on a 34” (86.5 cm) bust.
- The RS and WS are nearly identical. It is strongly recommended to place a marker on the RS to make it easy to identify.
- There are bracketed instructions that apply to only some sizes (written in bold). It is strongly suggested that you look through the pattern and circle all repeat numbers that apply to your size and cross out bracketed instructions that do not apply.
- Two options exist for altering the length of the cardigan. In Section 1, changing the number of repeats of R2-R3 will change the length of the split. Similarly, changing the number of repeats of R6 in Section 2 will also alter the length to the underarm.
- As with the length of the cardigan, the split may be customized. For a shorter split, reduce the number of repeats of R2-R3 (Section 1). To maintain the length of the cardigan as designed, you must add repeats of R6 (Section 2) to equal the number of rows removed in Section 1.
- If you find that the join at the top of the split is pulling while you work, add locking stitch markers to keep the edges together.
Designed by Jane Vanselous
6.4.23 - Repeat numbers in charts 1 and 2 updated
7.5.23 - R2 of gauge swatch updated
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site, and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your crocheting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
I cannot say much about this purchase because I have not had time to make the item. However, the purchasing process was easy.
Amazing pattern! Easy instructions and information. Thank you!
This is a beautiful sweater. I'm excited to make it. I had some questions about the sizing and got a quick response which clarified it for me.
Beautiful pattern! The suggestion to highlight your size and applicable stitches makes all the difference for following the pattern. Love it!
Awesome. Period. End of story! :-)
I am loving this pattern. Already have requests for 3 more
As beautiful as all you'd other patterns. I love all the different things you'd designers create
Stunningly beautiful!!!❤❤❤ love Expression Fibers patterns!!! They are easy to follow!!!❤❤❤
This pattern was fun to crochet and I am happy with the sweater I was able to crochet. I struggled a little with the written instructions so the pattern diagram was extremely helpful. I made the short sleeve and will be making a long sleeve next. Thank you for another beautiful pattern!
Absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to make it.
What a wonderful pattern
I am just waiting on the yarn I choose, and I will be making it.
Beautiful garment. All patterns are beautiful and look so good finished
Perfect little cover for any occasion
I'm so excited to have received this pattern. I've made the swatch and it's beautiful. It's number one on my list to make for the southern spring.
I love the look of this cute top. The directions were a little hard to follow with the different sizes. I did start it but the yarn I had was not the right weight and was not giving the same look. I will try again at another time.
Beautifully written pattern, I can't wait to start this project.
Beautiful versatile crocheted cardi.
A very easy pattern! Your video was also very helpful. I made the version without the sleeves for my daughter and she loves it!
The finished product will hopefully be as beautiful as on the website. Still waiting on the yarn I ordered.
I've been looking for a pattern like this, can't wait to start!
love the pattern