This pattern is free for a limited time. Just add to cart and complete checkout to receive the download. For more info click here.
8" tall, 20" circumference (20 cm tall, 51 cm circumference)- not easily adjustable
Expression Fiber Arts SeaCoast Fingering yarn
Shown in colors: Grey Whale (Color B), Sunwashed (Color C), and Corallium (Color D)
Total yards used for this sample: approximately 165 yds, (65 yds Color B, 65 yds Color C, 35 yds Color D) / [151 m total (60 m Color B, 60 m Color C, 32 m Color D)].
If those colors aren't available, any from this category will work.
US size F/5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Adventurous Beginner: This pattern is for those crocheters who know basic stitches and are ready to learn some new skills. Skills/concepts include simple increases and decreases and working into back loops only.
Notes from the Designer:
Designed as a companion piece to the Accretion shawl, the Countercurrent Cloche uses the same stitch patterns with leftover yarn from the same set of yarn colors.
. Worked in the round from the center outward, the stitches slowly swirl and undulate like a gentle eddy.
- Gauge is not crucial to this project, but it will affect yardage and overall size.
- The size is not easily adjustable, but you can go up or down a hook size to adjust the size, if you prefer.
- This pattern uses three colors, but it can be made with more or fewer if you prefer.
- Carry unused colors up the wrong side of your work, twisting yarn as needed to secure floats at each color change.
- Use a removable stitch marker to indicate the end of a round, and move the stitch marker as you work each round.
- Designed to use the leftover yardage from skeins B-D of our Accretion shawl.
Designed by Janica York Carter
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site, and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your crocheting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
Another beautiful pattern to add to my retirement stash…l9l
Such a cutie! And I bet it's warm. Eager to start it!
I love this hat! I am in hat making mode, just finished one and need to start another . I believe, if I have the thread I will use this pattern.
A cute hat to compliment the shawl Accretion or can be made individually. I love that the pattern gives two different options to start the hat, magic loop or crochet two. Lovely hat!
It’s beautiful patterns, but I’d rather have a hat in beret shape
simply love this artist and her creations!
Love that this hat matches the shawl. Really cute.
Looking forward to making this gorgeous design.
I don’t crochet often, but I love the matching hat shawl combo