Scarf: 44” x 20” (112 cm x 51 cm)
Shawl: 95” x 37” (241 cm x 94 cm)
Expression Fiber Arts Moongleam Fingering yarn
The sample is shown in color Lens Flare.
One skein is needed for the scarf or cowl, and two skeins are needed for the shawl. Both the scarf/cowl and the shawl used up nearly all of the yarn in the skein.
Scarf/Cowl: 437 yds/400m; Shawl: 874 yd/800m total
If those colors aren’t available, any from this category will work.
US size F (3.75 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
Adventurous Beginner - For those crocheters who are ready to learn some new skills or stitch combinations. Stitches include double crochet, picot, and fan stitches.
Notes From the Designer:
‘Dantelina’ is the Malagasy word for ‘lace,’ a fine thread that looks like a spider's web used to decorate clothes. This openwork lace pattern is incredibly versatile. Use one skein of Moongleam Fingering to create a delicate, decorative scarf or cowl, or use two skeins for a dramatic shawl. Use finer, lace-weight yarns or a worsted-weight yarn for a more substantial accessory. Work this easy-to-memorize pattern to customize your scarf or cowl to your heart’s desire.
- Click the Videos tab to watch a tutorial on how to crochet the shawl.
- The items shown used up nearly all the yarn in the skein.
- The last ch 7 of the WS rows is replaced with a ch 5 + double crochet. This allows the first stitch of the next row to be placed more centrally appropriate in the chain space just created.
- Each (dc/picot, ch 2, dc/picot, ch 2, dc/picot) group created is referred to as a ‘fan’ in end-of-row stitch counts.
- Each repeat will add two fan groups, one to each end of the shawl. There is not an increase at the center of this shawl.
- Blocking will be critical for the lacy appearance of this piece. It may not look as lacy as pictured because the spaces around the picots will have to be opened when blocking. If you are uncertain that you like what you are seeing, work about three repeats, and then block your work to get a feel for how it will look. Then continue working until desired length.
Designed by Tatha Lorenzen
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site, and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your crocheting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
"Don’t be like a spider spinning a lonely web and let life’s opportunities pass you by.” – Ranjeeta Nath Ghai
Customer Reviews 5 (20 Reviews) Write a Review
Really lovely, even in acrylic.
I made this for my daughters senior prom. It worked up fast and the final result is just stunning, the drape and movement are gorgeous. I used a very soft silky acrylic/poly 2 weight because budget, but I'll be going back to make this again in other yarns.
The Dantelina shawl has a beautiful drape and is so romantic! The instructions and diagram make the pattern very easy to understand. Just Beautiful!
Beautiful as always. I love your designs!
very very pretty
This is the most beautiful yarn I've ever used! It works up stitches beautifully and it's so soft. This is my go to yarn from now on.
Love this pattern it is easy to follow, light airy and so beautiful
This is a beautiful lacy pattern. I am currently working on another wrap, but I can't wait to start this pattern. Thank you so much.
Thanks a million
I have not yet made the pattern, but am always pleased with my purchases.
I love this pattern!! It is gorgeous :) It is the next project I am making after my summer shawl is complete.
Was looking for a shawl to wear to my daughter's wedding. This is it.
This is a fun knit….I can do it while watching TV! I’m kind of slow….only 1/3 done but enjoying it!
Haven't made them yet, however the knitted variation looks quite complicated in the body based on the tutorial.
Beautiful pattern. I can't wait to make it.
I love it easy to do and so beautiful.
Beautiful shawl. I've been happy with all patterns from Expression Fiber Arts and the yarn is amazing.
Having a two-row repeat, this can be meditative and easy. I will have this in my rotation of patterns for making prayer shawls.
I love the size of this shawl and the stitch pattern. I am looking forward to getting started