One Size: Four 20” x 20” (51 cm x 51 cm) blocked panels sewn together for a total size of 20” x 40” (51 cm x 102 cm) – both versions
Expression Fiber Arts Oasis Camel Silk Fingering yarn
Updated version shown in color: Aruba.
The updated sample shown here used approximately 1204 yds (1101 m) total; 301 yds (275 m) per square plus seaming.
The original version used four skeins of Expression Fiber Arts Bamboo Alpaca Fingering yarn (384 yds per 3.5 oz skein) in colorways: (A) Sailboat, (B) Yoga on the Beach, (C) Resort, and (D) Green Coconut.
If those colors aren’t available, any from this category will work.
US Size G (4.00 mm)
Adventurous Beginner: For those crocheters who are ready to learn some new skills or stitch combinations. Stitches and skills include multiple chain stitches, single crochet, double crochet, and basic seaming.
Notes From the Designer:
Tropical sunshine, fruit drinks, sandy beaches, salty air, and gorgeous sunsets. These are all of the things that I was imagining when designing this squares wrap. Pineapple motifs surrounded by columns of Cluster Shells are the main features that I included to give this wrap a tropical feel. The bamboo alpaca blend yarn has a gorgeous drape that helps bring the pineapple motif sections to life.
- The original version of this pattern used four skeins of our Limited Edition Bamboo Fingering yarn in the discontinued colors: A) Sailboat, B) Yoga on the Beach, C) Resort, and D) Green Coconut.
- The wrap is made of four squares and is worked flat from the top down before being seamed together.
- Gauge is crucial to this project, so be sure to check your gauge often and adjust accordingly.
- The beginning ch 4 counts as dc and ch 1 unless otherwise noted.
- You can opt to make all four panels in a single color, each in a different color, or any other combination you choose. Make it your own!
- Armholes are created by seaming part way up on each side, leaving approximately 8” (20.5 cm) open at the top. (See Finishing instructions).
- To adjust the width of the panels, cast on more/fewer multiples of 20. Each multiple of 20 will translate to about 4.5” (11.5 cm), blocked.
- To adjust the length of the panels, simply change the number of times you repeat Rows 3-10. Each repeat of Rows 3-10 translates to about 4” (10 cm), blocked.
- Simple repeating rows make this a great pattern for those who wish to practice their lace crochet techniques.
- Pattern includes schematics for seaming.
- The original sample was made using four separate colors, but would look lovely in a single color, as shown in the updated version.
- The wrap contains armholes to allow for greater flexibility.
- Wear Pineapple Sunset open or tied in the front for an easy wrap that’ll look gorgeous on all your exotic travels.
Designed by Kristina Smiley
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site, and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your crocheting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
I don't usually crochet because too much time is taken up knitting instead, but I really love this pattern and find it fresh and interesting.
Just beautiful! A friend of mine loves the pineapple patterns. She’ll be thrilled with this one.
Hi all. Sorry I can't give a better review right now. I picked this pattern up to do for my mom and then my world flew off it's Axis. I can tell you like all the patterns here it is easy too read. I read through it the day I got it for yarn amount and hook size. I also looked over the pattern itself to see if there was any crazy stitches that I was going to have to Google. There is not. Some times the simple stitches place in a unique combination make the most stunning patterns. This is one of those times. When I get it done I will post it a better review.
I have not done this one yet, instructions looks clear and concise so does the you tube tutorial. I am waiting till I am a bit more confident in my crocheting skills
Such a lovely pattern. I've not started it yet but it will be my next project!! Many thanks ❤️
What a beautiful, lacy and delicate little cardigan. So very feminine. Can't wait to get started crocheting it. Thank you for this one of a kind.
I am excited to make this piece. Have been knitting for years…your patterns have gotten me to crochet again…what fun…
I’ve been dying to make this shawl, and I was finally able to! One, it is amazing, beautiful and so soft! Second, I used the “Tiger Lilies Pearlescent Fingering Yarn Kit” which had 4 skeins of different colored yarn- and I had to say that can’t works amazing with this pattern. Because when I look at it together and almost looks like a rainbow of beautiful swirling colors.
That is a beautiful pattern. One that I will seriously consider making for this upcoming summer
Nice pattern. Took awhile to figure it out because of errors in the pattern.
Allegro e giovanile.
Allegro e giovanile.
I love this pattern, it's fast & easy. I cut it down to 3 repeats & it is lovely
Pineapples are my favorite to eat and to crochet. Alas, there are patterns lined up to do and Pineapple Sunset must wait it's turn, but am excited to work it.
Love this pattern. I'm using 4 colours of a bamboo yarn and the pattern is coming out soft and drapes well Easy to follow. I like that different. Easier than if looks. Great for summer days that turn cool
I made this in 4 different colors of the suggested yarn and it is beautiful! I love that it has arm holes so it doesn't fall off my shoulders like a traditional shawl.
Lovely pattern. I will be using a Scheepjes Whirl do am looking forward to seeing the colour transitions in this unusual shawl.
Great pattern, I am using a thinner yarn, so it would be nice to have an addaption.
I’m looking forward to making this. Looks like it would be easy to follow the directions. Love pineapple stuff!
ANOTHER beautiful pattern! I haven't yet been able to create one of these masterpieces, but the pineapple motif is one of my favorite and this is on my list of to-do's for Christmas gifts! Thank you!
What a charming shawl! The pineapple pattern reminds me of the pineapple plants growing just beyond my patio, and now I can recreate them on my needles! I love that the size is easily adjusyible too, and look forward to making this one.
I like this pattern. The Pineapple pattern has a wonderful meaning behind it...look it up. Could be adapted for other uses such as a table runner too as the other reviewer said. Thank you!
I love this pattern! I can’t wait to finish it!
This is a beautiful and classic design yet very easy to work up and after a few repeats you won't need to refer to the pattern at all. Very easy to adapt to make a scarf or a wrap too, or maybe even a table runner!
I love this pattern!! Pineapples are my favorite lace pattern & this one is pineapple heaven. It works up quickly & looks fabulous in the sea glass, fingering linen I had on hand in my stash. Thank you for this lovely pattern.
Beautiful project. Easy to do.