16” x 71” (41 cm x 180 cm)
Shown in colors: (C1) Sterling Silver (Grey), (C2) New York at Night (Teal)
2 skeins of each color required. Sample shown used 1,075 yards (983 meters) total.
If those colors aren't available, any from this category will work.
US size 5 (3.75 mm) needles, plus an extra size 5 needle or DPN to bind off
Adjust needle size to obtain an accurate gauge.
Intermediate: This pattern is for those who feel comfortable with knitting and have made a few projects, using various skills and techniques. Skills/concepts include: Reading charts, color work, basic finishing instructions.
Notes From the Designer:
Plateau means an area of relatively level high ground. Plateaus is the word that reminds me of the special middle section of this wrap. Each time the yarn flows up and down over several rows...it makes a plateau. I love the thought of being "relatively level" these busy days. Knitting this wrap will "level" you out after a hectic day or week.
The stitches and colors change in the solid sections just enough to keep the process interesting. The section with the plateaus will add the challenge and interest to continuously monitor your pattern so that those plateaus rise and flatten out in a smooth moving pattern.
Once again, I brag on the yarn used in my patterns. Expression Fiber Arts' yarn is superior. The yarn used in this pattern has cashmere in it. As you create this wrap, the softness of the cashmere just melts in your hands....enjoy!
- Click the Videos tab to learn how to get started making this poncho.
- Pick out 2 contrasting colors for your yarn - very important to see the plateaus.
- To determine depth, measure from middle of shoulder to elbow. If this is around 16", this wrap is the length you need. If you need a longer length, add 8 rows for each inch in any section in the pattern.
- For the width around the body, the wrap end to end is 71" as written. If you want a wider wrap, add multiples of 18 sts to the CO. However, if you need a narrower wrap, subtract multiples of 18 sts for each 3” to the CO.However, if you need a narrower wrap, subtract multiples of 18 sts for each 3” to the CO.
- Before creating the middle section, read the notes found in that section of pattern.
- The finished wrap has the seed stitch completely around the whole edge.
- The shoulder seam will be made using the 3 needle bind off on the wrong/back side.
- The body of the sections 1 and 3 is Stockinette stitch.
Designed by Candy Key
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your knitting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
“Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each to have.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Customer Reviews 5 (22 Reviews) Write a Review
I just love to do this pattern, it looks very sophisticated and it is so easy to do. Long row (224 stitches). It will be a great gift for my sister.
I am excited to start this pattern. Just started it today and so far I am loving it. The cashmere yarn is working up so pretty. I will post pictures on Ravelry when completed.
Very pleased with the free pattern! It is beautiful and I look forward to knitting the Plateaus! Love all of your creativeness!
I’m so happy that I will be making this project this winter. Lovely pattern.
Looking forward to starting this pattern possible this long weekend!
A well written pattern I am looking forward to using
Wonderful shawl/poncho, it is beautiful!
wonderful pattern <3
wonderful pattern <3
Not sure which colors I will choose for this knit, but I am looking forward to working this pattern. I will try to hold yarn in both hands for the color work. Haven't done this before, I dropped and changed yarn before.
easy to follow,love it
Very nice pattern.
I love this gorgeous pattern thankyou EFA.
Will be making this with an oasis I have had for 2 years or so
Gorgeous! Did a small swatch and the pattern was easy to follow.
Very easy to follow
OMG! Just love this
I love the pattern and the yarn, it does not look to hard to make. Thank You.
Watched the video and will be making this in 2022.