Finished Unblocked Measurements: 18” x 63” (46 cm x 160 cm)
Finished Blocked Measurements: 22” x 70” (56 cm x 178 cm)
Expression Fiber Arts Vellum Fingering yarn
The sample is shown in colors: Excursion (C1), Open to Possibilities (C2), Elevation (C3), Overcoming (C4), & Sojourn (C5).
To knit Poble, you will need 2 skeins each of C2 and C5 and 1 skein each of C1, C3, and C4.
The sample shown used approximately 160 to 381 yds (146 to 348 m) of each color and used a total of 1,270 yds/1,161 m; [C1: 160 yds/146 m, C2: 381 yds/348 m, C3: 182 yds/166 m, C4: 176 yds/161 m, & C5: 371 yds/229 m].
Be sure to order all you need for your project because once these limited edition colors are gone, they are gone!
If those colors aren’t available, any from this category will work.
US size 5 (3.5 mm) straight or 24-32” circular knitting needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
Adventurous Beginner to Intermediate: This pattern is for those who feel comfortable with knitting and have made several projects, using various skills and techniques. Skills/concepts include working with more than one yarn at a time, slipping stitches, repositioning the yarn between the front and the back, and carrying nonworking yarn up the side.
Notes From the Designer:
Poble is the Catalonian word for “people” or “village,” and this shawl takes its name from the gorgeous, yet simple to execute, two-color Pueblo Mosaic design that is featured throughout. Poble is a rectangular shawl that is knitted flat in one piece and is composed of repeating sections of Seed Stitch, Open Check Stitch, and a two-color Pueblo Mosaic Stitch. You’ll need five different colors of yarn for this beautiful, repeating, symmetrical pattern, and instructions are included to customize both the length and width. Additionally, each row is written out in the Pueblo Mosaic section, so you don’t need to remember Mosaic knitting “rules" to complete this stitch pattern.
- Click the videos tab to watch a review of all of the Expression Fiber Arts patterns that were released in 2022.
- This rectangular shawl is knitted flat in one piece and is composed of repeating sections of Seed Stitch, Open Check Stitch, and a two-color Pueblo Mosaic Stitch. You’ll need five different colors of yarn for this pattern. The Seed Stitch and Open Check Stitch will always be knitted with a single color. The Pueblo Mosaic Stitch will be knitted with two colors.
- After completing the Seed Stitch border, each row includes a 7-stitch Seed Stitch border on both the right and left sides until you reach the final Seed Stitch border.
- If you would like to modify the overall length of this shawl, you can knit more or fewer repeats of the stitch patterns in any of the sections; however, make sure to make these modifications on both halves of the shawl in order to maintain its symmetry.
- If you would like to modify the width, you can increase or decrease the number of stitches you cast on in multiples of 8 + 2 stitches.
- At times, you’ll work with two colors of yarn at the same time. You can carry your nonworking yarn up the side or back until you’re instructed to break the yarn.
- In all sections, you’ll be instructed to slip stitches. All stitches are slipped purlwise. Be sure to note whether the yarn needs to be held to the back or the front when you’re slipping these stitches.
- If you start to run short on C2 and C5, it is possible that you have too much slack in the yarn overs in Row 5 of the Open Check sections. Try knitting this row slightly tighter to avoid running out of yarn.
- Because C2 uses the most yardage, you may wish to knit your swatches in C1, C3, C4, or C5.
- At the end of the pattern, you’ll find a schematic, as well as stitch charts.
- Finally, be sure to check your gauge against mine to ensure that you have enough yarn to complete the pattern.
- Click here for a link to past blog posts that show lots of tips and tricks for knitting Mosaic shawls.
Designed by Monica Wesley
You'll receive a digital file only (instantly downloadable as a PDF) and won't be shipped anything. Please allow a few minutes for the download link to be emailed to you. If the email doesn't arrive within a few minutes, just log into your account on our site, and you'll see your Completed Orders. From there, you'll find the download link.
Enjoy your knitting!
New? Read about our pattern download process here.
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” - Dalai Lama
Love this pattern. Current wip
Love this pattern. Working on it right now
Pobles reminds me of another pattern I got from your site called plateus. I am finishing plateus up soon, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it!!! I look forward to starting Pobles, the design intrigues me and I am looking forward to having fun making it. You and your team make such lovely designs.
lovely pattern, i have not started this yet it is on my to do list.
Always gorgeous products
It’s very beautiful :)
So beautiful :)
I Love this pattern!
This is a gorgeous pattern that is very accessible to do. I'm so happy that I got to enjoy knitting this pattern and will now have a beautiful piece.
Ich bewundere die große Kreativität, mit der Sie Ihre Seite, Ihre Produkte und Ihre Modelle gestalten und präsentieren. So viele schöne Anregungen und neue Details! Tatsächlich könnte ich immerzu hier einkaufen, wenn ich könnte....