Need a quick and easy hat for your fella?
Have no fear.
Here's why this hat pattern is so awesome.
1. It's easyyyyy to make and the pattern is a breeze to memorize.
2. It's a basic hat so even the pickiest of guys will want to wear it.
3. It's fast. Took me 5 hours to knit so you could whip this out last minute if you needed to.
4. It's fun to change up! Do stripes if you like or make a bunch of them in every color.
5. It's unisex... yep. Gals can wear it too, of course, so make one for all the gals you love.
6. It's stretchy so fit isn't crucial as it'll fit virtually all adult heads. Yay.
7. It has a brim. So again, you don't have to stress about it being the perfect height. It can always be rolled up to suit the wearer.
8. You'll be sure to get lots of responses like: "You MADE this? Wow! It looks so professional and store-bought!" Thank you. We knitters choose to take that as a compliment.
YARN: One skein of 100 g or 115 g (3.5 - 4 oz) DK or Worsted Weight yarn. I used one skein of my Dewy DK yarn in colorway GRAY PEARL. If it's not there when you click over, it's sold out. My shades sell fast and we list new ones frequently, so just choose any color you like from the DK or Worsted Weight categories.
This particular Dewy Dk yarn is a versatile blend of superwash merino wool (so the hat will be machine-washable), a HINT of silk (for a touch of dewiness, but not enough to make it ultra shimmery), and nylon for strength and longevity. Yeeyah. Again, one skein is all you need for this hat.
Make sure the yarn you choose has some STRETCH. Preferably wool or yak or even alpaca would work. It's okay if it has some silk mixed in too, like our Pearlescent Merino Silk Worsted yarns... Those would in fact look FABULOUS.
Pure silk might not be the best as it doesn't have any stretch.
NEEDLES: US size 9 (5.5mm) circulars if you prefer magic loop. Or dpns will of course work too. (Double pointed needles)
STORY BEHIND THE PATTERN: Funny thing. I called it the "Boyfriend Beanie" because they both start with b's. But that delish fellow in the photos is my husband. And... he was just modeling the hat. I actually made it for my dad. He never requests anything but wanted a basic ribbed, brimmed hat to keep his head and ears warm while he checks on his cows over on the farm so I whipped out my needles and voila. This hat was born. We snapped the pictures and then bundled up the hat and sent it off on its way to my pa.
So there you have it! If you love it, please pin it, tweet it, facebook it, instagram it, ya know. If you want. ;)
Once you checkout, you'll receive (via email only) an instantly downloadable PDF file which you can view on virtually any device. Please allow a few minutes for the pattern link to come through to your email.
You may sell the items you make using my patterns. I just ask that you link back to my shop. Thanks!
This pattern was very easy to follow. A very quick and easy pattern to knit. Love it!!
Super easy and super fast. Turned out great, so I decided to make one for me, almost finished. Went down a needle size as the first one was a bit big for me.
I just started knitting and this pattern was awesome and so easy to follow! EFA is where I go for all my knitting needs!
The pattern is so easy to follow because some patterns are hard for me to follow. I'm still working on the hat but I'm almost done with it. I hope to find more beginner patterns for me to learn how to read
Very stretchy! Should have used a smaller needle as my gauge was a bit too big. Super fun and quick to whip up~
A good solid go to pattern. Thank you for this pattern!
I love this pattern its easy-what I love is the heart chakra yarn.
I love this hat and this pattern. It is so stretchy and easy to knit up. It looks good with a variety of yarns... both my husband and my son were happy with the fit and style.
This pattern was very easy to follow and turned into a perfect hat.